IMPORTER OF RECORD SERVICES
WHAT IS AN IMPORTER OF RECORD?
An importer of record, is an authorized person or entity that manages the responsibility for goods during an import. That is to say, an Importer of Record can enable a business to import into a country where they lack the ability to do so on their own.
The responsibility of an IOR, includes the proper management of the following tasks:
- Detailed Documentation of Cargo/Goods
- Accurate Declaration of Harmonized Tariff Codes
- Timely Remittance of Duties & Taxes Payable
- Retaining the title of goods when shipping DaaS to your cross-border market.
- Compliance with local laws and regulations
To be an Importer of Record, the recipient of the shipment must be one of the following:
1) A Registered Entity: A legal entity recognized by the local government holding a tax ID or equivalent registration number.
2) Authorized to Import: When the entity owns a government-issued license and/ or permit to import into their country.
EHS IOR AFRICA SOLUTIONS ADDRESS THE CROSS-BORDER ORDER FULFILLMENT PROBLEMS BEING FACED EVERY DAY IN AFRICA.